2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2014 8:27 AM by BoBraxton

ain't going to let this stump me

BoBraxton

Movement is my medicine and I especially enjoy "large muscle" activities such as axe (wood splitting) and mattock (stump digging).

Our suburban lot is about 1/3 acre and until this year we have bought (9 cu yd. to 15 cu yd.) shredded hardwood mulch and spread it ourselves. Yesterday I took one (of three) redbud "tree" and cut it into fireplace wood (manual bow saw 30") and now am using two mattocks and a round-pointed shovel to work on removing the (considerable) stump. We have lived here about three decades and there are redbuds we set out ourselves, replacing quaking aspens that had run into a fungus (among us).

• Re: ain't going to let this stump me
          MyR Community Manager

BoBraxton, thank you for creating a new discussion thread! We appreciate and enjoy your participation in the MyRetirement online community and look forward to your future contributions.

• Re: ain't going to let this stump me
            BoBraxton

Thursday - the redbud stump is out. "We" have separated the (many roots) and the rocks and I rolled the "huge" stump toward the three-decades compost (read all the leaves from our 1/3 acre) pile. Now my spouse and I have returned the clay and ground that I shoveled out and mounded it back in place. It will settle. Now for overnight and part of two days at the Chesapeake Bay "cottage" (in the family for more than half century). To clean. To transplant (rose of sharon, day lilies).