2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2010 7:57 AM by AnneMarie

Health issues and Medicare

AnneMarie
      I am 67 years old and to afraid to retire. My Husband is 75 and not in good health. I have COPD early stages and I am sure if I retired and tried to get Health Insurance we would be turned down for pre existing conditions. I know Medicare is not enough. Luckly I love my job so I am planning on working until at least 2012. Are other people out there having the same problems I am having?
        • Re: Health issues and Medicare
          JerryD
          Medicare is NOT enough. But I do not think that they can reject you for a MediGap supplemental policy as a new enrollee that can cover almost all that Medicare does not. I believe that I have a Plan J that covers a lot for only $130-ish more than Medicare's $99-100 and the drug coverage for a few bucks more. I went with the state Blue Cross/Blue Shield instead of trying to optimize the best versus the cost. BCBS is a good name and I have always had a decent experience with it. Look into it. They will smother you with information and support.
          • Re: Health issues and Medicare
            AnneMarie
            Thanks for the help. I live in New Jersey and believe Blue Cross is Horizon. I most certainly will check it out.