Skip to main content
TIAA professional sites
For institutional investors
Endowments & foundations
For financial advisors
Please enter a title.
You can not post a blank message. Please type your message and try again.
on Jun 3, 2011 4:19 PM by egwilliams
New on Ideashare: keeping expenses low
MyR Community Manager
on Jun 1, 2011 11:30 AM
New question on Ideashare
: What tips can you offer others in or approaching retirement to help keep living expenses low?
Post your ideas or vote on others>>
This content has been marked as final.
Show 1 reply
Re: New on Ideashare: keeping expenses low
Jun 3, 2011
in response to MyR Community Manager
These are some tips I picked up along the way:
1. Using coupons from newspaper, magazine for grocery shopping and or toiletries.
2. Coupon exchange with friends, family or neighbor
3. look for specials from the grocery store(s)
4. Try to shop in neighborhood stores if possible to save on gas
5. Keep chart on anticipated household items
6. Sign up on budget plan for utilities gas, light etc, turn off appliances and lights that are not being used.
7. Eat home more than outside
8. Cut down on cable bill by using CDs for movies from Netflix, Redbox or other
9. Find time to read more and spend with spouse or significant other
10. spend time researching in preparing meals that are nutritious without spending too much money
11. Go over monthly budget to find other areas to save
Remove from profile
Feature on your profile
More Like This
Retrieving data ...