1 Reply Latest reply on May 30, 2012 6:17 PM by BRIC

    Income Property

      Is there a way to withdraw part of my T-Cref funds and purchase a duplex or quad for rental income?  Of course I want to avoid paying income taxes on this "transfer" if possible.
        • Re: Income Property
          I doubt you could use any of your TIAA-CREF without tax consequences.  Do you own other property?  If you have a primary residence, you can get a home equity or HELOC and purchase the rental and the rental can pay the mortgage, maintenance, a manager and the HELOC.  If it doesn't pay those costs, look for something else that rents higher.