What will a one-party Government mean to retirees? It seems apparent that Sen.Obama will win the White House next week. That means Obama, Pelosi, Reed, along with Frank and Dodd . . . all of one party.....will rule this country for the next four years. Since I see that on the TIAA-CREF poll on this website shows 66% favor Obama, a discussion is pertinent at this time. I hope that those who favor a one-party government will help me to understand what they expect the one party will accomplish in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012. Also, a healthy discussion of which of Sen. Obama's promises will he be able to fulfill, or do you think he will reneg on most of them?
Also, what direction do you think the Stock Market will go when/if Obama is elected? I just read that Wall Streeters donated much more to Obama's campaign then to McCain's; does anyone know why this is and what it means to the volatility of the stock market all this year of 2008?
Finally, for the 66% who favored Obama in this poll, what are your reasons as related to retirees, your children, your grandchildren, to our security, taxes, etc. Thank you.
We have never recovered from a Democrat party rule. They are the party of big government and big spending and big taxation.
While I was certainly disappointed in the big spending of this administration, it was the Democrat party which was in control in the latter part of the administration. They contributed much to the economic crisis. They are even now continuing their pork barrel spending with enormous earmarks for useless projects.
And this President elect believes in big government--spend, spend, spend--and it all comes out of our pockets.
He has promised tax cuts for 95% of the Americans. Many of those Americans do not pay taxes. And the 5% who are expected to support the other 95% will find ways out of an unfair situation.
And now Obama blames everything on Bush. I am fed up with both parties and this concept that bigger government is better. BHO's health care is a prime example of why we don't need or want big government. It will be as efficient as the post office with the compassion of the IRS and cost us twice what it is worth. It is time for change. It is time to return to the America of the people and for the people not one of the elite class for a selected few.
I am a citizen of Illinois, home of BHO, and quite familiar with the one-party government. The state is now on the brink of bankruptcy, our Chicago governor is now disgraced after trying to sell BHO’s senate seat, and we are looking at increases in fees and taxes at every corner. We may need a one-party government but not this one. Who is going to pay for all the new programs? Our Democratic controlled administration is now looking at increasing the national debt ceiling from $12,000,000,000,000 to $13,500,000,000,000,000. We must take control of our future and vote them all out. Start out with honest Americans that are in if for us, not one in this for personal gain and glory.
I only read your post briefly, but it sounds like you are worried about money, economy and your investments. I worry about people because I have a strong faith and know that the rest of it will be handled by someone who's 'above my pay grade'. The reason I support Obama is that he is intelligent. He has a genuine desire to do what's right for our country. He may not make good on many or any of the financial promises he has made due to circumstances that he has inherited, but he will provide a new face for our country to the world. He will provide measured, well thought out responses to our international friends and enemies.
I understand that most of you here have finances on your mind, but remember that there are many more of us without the cushion and protection of money. We are concerned about the heart, not focusing on executive experience. Remember that some of the most well regarded men and women featured in the bible, might not have been in your social realm, or enjoyed the educational opportunities that we've had, and yet we continue to look to those men and women as examples of the kind of lives we are taught to aspire to. No, I'm not worried only about my retirement fund. If we can leave a kinder, cleaner more loving world for my grandchildren, then I'll be content. I hope this helps you to understand what I'm hearing from most Obama supporters.
Retrieving data ...