11 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2013 7:43 AM by canthony

Solo Cruise $

Gretchen1
      I'm tired of paying double or almost double to cruise solo...any suggestions other than watching like a hawk for specials?
        • Re: Solo Cruise $
          MyR Community Manager
          Gretchen1,

Thank you for creating a new discussion thread! We appreciate and enjoy your participation in the MyRetirement.org online community and look forward to your future contributions.
            EEWoos
            I have been looking at a site called singlescruises.com.  They will match you up with a  room mate for a cruise.  They also have a bit of a blog spot so you  can chat with others.  I have not used it yet, so I can't vouch for it or their services, but it is something to investigate.

Also, some cruise lines are now offering a similar type of service.  Again, I haven't yet used them. 
                sktn77a
                You might wan't to give these cruises a wide "berth"!  Being trapped in one of those tiny cabins for a week or two with someone you just can't stand might be false economy.

Gretchen1
                  Thanks EEWoos, I am already aware of the Solo Cruise website and the "pairing" service available there and at some cruise lines.............but I really do travel alone....I'm just looking for a $ break source.  They offer two for the price of one, but not one for the price of one......it's not fair!! 
                  vacky
                  From time to time companies offer specials. For instance, Uniworld offers a number of different times/trips throughout the year with no single supplement. Contact cruise companies in advance and get their list of no single supplement trips. Your travel agent should also be able to give you this info ( mine does). Smithsonian Tours and Road Scholar ( formerly Elderhostel) also charge smaller single supplements than other tour companies. Victoria in Boston
                    Mskitty13
                    I'd be willing to share and pay my share!
                      DesertRat
                      Norwegian started offering singles cabins on a limited number of cruises. Check out their website (ncl.com). It depends on where they go and if you like Norwegian.
                        canthony
                        Don't be a cheapskate, get the biggest and best room.  Won't take long and you will not be alone.
                            Gretchen1
                            I always book balcony rooms.........but at $400 + a day, it would be nice if the cruise lines were serious about pursuing all categories of past guests, they'd give us a break!!  I checked out the ncl website to see their new singles cabins and they'll tiny.......maybe good for a real cheapskate.