1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 21, 2013 1:03 PM by smaneck

Ecuador

MrBags
      Anyone traveled to Ecuador Been reading about life in Ecuador  Cheap to live - but how about safety Have read some articles in " International Living' -but cant decide how much is hype and what is fact
        • Re: Ecuador
          smaneck
          MrBags said...
          Anyone traveled to Ecuador Been reading about life in Ecuador  Cheap to live - but how about safety Have read some articles in \" International Living\' -but cant decide how much is hype and what is fact
          I've been considering this myself and what I hear about safety is mixed. But they do seem to have an excellent and affordable health care system. Before I would move to any country I would certainly visit it first for an extended period. Also, I note that folks associated with International Living are always trying to sell real estate. With furnished apartments as cheap as they are in Ecuador I can't figure out why anyone would buy. Mortgage loans like we have in the States are unavailable there so you pretty much have to pay cash and I can't see that the houses cost any less than they would in certain parts of the US. But rents are way lower, about $400 a month!