3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 26, 2011 12:48 PM by dmitche2

Fun, safe places to travel

Melcl
      Any good ideas about safe fun place to travel? 
        • Re: Fun, safe places to travel
          lorax819
          what do you consider fun? i consider scuba diving-anything ocean related (except fishing)- fun but do you? so for me fun safe places are hawaii, most caribbean island, belize, costa rica.  good luck in your quest.
              dmitche2
              Scuba is great!  I suggest a live-a-board. They do all the lifting of tanks, weights, BC's, etc. and you don't have to drag all your gear back to your hotel. The live-a-board is your hotel. The food is great and a small group allows for making new friends. You wake up, eat breakfast, put your gear on, get a dive briefing, on go.  You can dive 5 times/day if your body is up to it, and there are always dive master's from whom you can take add'l lessons.  Some live-board locations include Bahamas, Turks/Caicos, St. Kitt's, Cayman's, Australia, Seychelles, and new ones in the Indian Ocean.  The feeling of safety and great service can't be beat. Plus your captain can take you to places that are not over used.
              danwrogers
              If you are talking about domestic travel, my wife and I just got back from Natchez, MS.  We traveled the Natchez Trace Parkway, went to Vicksburg.  It was a nice respite from the northern winter.