4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 30, 2009 4:19 PM by herbie424

Pensacola or Panama City

herbie424
      Any evaluation of these FL cities woud be appreciated.  Cost of living?  Cost of golf?  Rental property?  Thank you.
        • Re: Pensacola or Panama City
          catsare1
          Hi Herbie,Im looking at Destin Fla for the winter,golf is pretty high there,not to many public courses,most are resort courses,what have you heard about Panama City
              herbie424
              I hear that Panama City smells like a pulp mill.  Destin is supposed to be a very nice golf area but I don't know about prices.  The beaches there are among the best in the USA.  Let me know about the cost of living if you have that info. 
              Pensacola has some reasonably priced courses around it.  I am looking for decent cost of living and good golf prices.  I was interested in Myrtle Beach, where I have visited many times, but their crime rate is quite high.  If you are reasonably secure $, look at St. Simons Island and Jeckyl(sp?) Island GA.  I grew up near there and these are wonderful islands.  LR
              ltcjd
              You may want to look at St. Augustine.  We have been going there for 6 years and just bought a condo.  One of the retirement magazines rated it one of the best places to retire.  Little traffic, not your typical Florida., no massive condo complexes.